Ability to focus — Attention span – 45-50 minutes
- 1.Why is it necessary? Increased involvement, creativity, listening, proposals, support, productivity…
- 2.In LESS THAN ONE HOUR, our attention decreases, however interested we may be.
Our mind becomes less able to interact with others, the body needs a break (toilet, please :-D),
we may start to get bored…
And as a result it becomes more difficult to focus on the analysis or the project.
- 3.Attention, as any other resource, is something we can manage. If we know how.
How to manage attentiveness and keep it high
- Decreasing duration of meetings, and adding short breaks.
- Using tools that do not requiere too much attention or listening to a speaker, but movement and participation.
- Alternating deep subjects with lighter ones.
- Having meetings for just one important matter with tools that help keep the attention
(more individual thinking, more participation, no debate or thinking mix…).